Tuesday 8 October 2013

Safe with me by Kristen Proby

 

 

 

 

Synopsis:


Keeping others safe is what Caleb Montgomery does. He’s never had a problem taking on an assignment, whether it was during his dangerous SEAL days or his most recent job of training war mercenaries. But being assigned to keep Brynna Vincent and her adorable daughters, Maddie and Josie, safe from an unknown threat has thrown Caleb off his axis. Hot for the tall brunette since she came back to town more than a year ago, being close to her day in and day out is cracking Caleb’s resolve to keep his hands off her gorgeous body and his head in the mission.

Brynna is sick and tired of being afraid. All she wants is a normal, quiet life for her and her precious girls. Just as she’s settling into her new home in Seattle and feeling safe again, Caleb shows up on her doorstep insisting the danger is as high as ever. But whether she needs to be sheltered from the threat in her past, or from the intense emotions she feels for the sexy, protective man sleeping in her home, remains to be seen. What will happen if Brynna and her girls fall in love with a man so broken he may not be able to protect them from the danger that threatens, much less himself?


SAFE WITH ME is the fifth book in the With Me In Seattle series, and continues to follow this tight-knit, loving family through life’s trials and tribulations with humor, passion and everlasting love.



Review:

I absolutely love this series from Kristen and am always sat waiting patiently on the edge of my seat for each and everyone of her books to be released.

Caleb and Brynna's story was fantastic before I started it I really wanted to find out just what had brought Brynna and her twin girls Josie and Maddie back to Seattle? and what really is going on with these two? We learned bits and pieces about these two in Kristens other books in this series, do you remember the phone call Isaac gets at the end of under the mistletoe? Well that's where this book picks up.

Bryanna moves back to Seattle after she sees something that she shouldn't have which puts her and her girls in danger. She moves back to be near her parents and cousin Stacy (Stacy is married to Calebs brother Isaac) and to lay low with what happened. When she meets the Montgomery family they take her and her girls In as there own but they don't all know the real reason for her return. 

Caleb Montgomery is an ex Navy SEAL but he has been through war and seen things and been in situation which has caused him to suffer PTSD. Caleb has spent his life protecting people and after trouble follows Brynna he takes on the role of protecting Brynna, Josie and Maddie.

Brynna has an instant attraction towards Caleb it's just unfortunate that even after a year he doesnt reciprocate those feels or so she believes....

After Will's big proposal to Meg it unfortunately causes trouble to rear it's ugly head after Brynna is spotted by the people she has been laying low from, the only people who knew what really has happened to Brynna come together and have decided that either Matt or Caleb should move in with her and the girls to protect them, Hence Caleb taking on this roll and moving in with them.

Caleb really doesn't believe he is good enough for Brynna but on the first night she puts her feelings out there after all she is going to be living with him.
"Don't look at me like that."
My eyes rise to his, "Like what?"
                   "Like you want me to kiss you."
"I do want you to kiss me."  
There, I said it.  
He sighs deeply, runs his thumb across my bottom lip and then gently wraps his arms around me, hugging me tightly.  
"I can't do that. go to bed Brynna." 
 
 These two are totally perfect for each other if only Caleb would believe this

"Don't fucking touch me like that again unless you plan to finish what you start."
"Let's get this straight , Brynna. I want you so fucking bad my teeth ache. I've wanted you for months. But your part of my family, and I'm supposed to be protecting you. Dropping my guard and fucking you into the mattress is not the way to keep any of you whole."
"I'm not going to fuck up our friendship, or make things weird for you with my family, just because I can't keep my damn hands off you. You mean too much for that"

SHIT!! well that told her I think she kinda has an idea now that he feels the same!! 

When these two get together talk about spontaneous combustion!! Kristen can write one hell of a hot and steamy scene!!

Bryanna after everything she has been though in Chicago and raising her girls on her own all she wants is the love of a good man, she knows Caleb is broken but she knows this and is prepared to be there with him and help him through his PTSD

As there story progresses Caleb has to deal more and more with his feelings that are growing for Brynana, Josie and Maddie,

"It would destroy me if you or those babies were hurt, Brynna. Your necessary to my survival, goddamn it, and ill do whatever I have to do to keep you safe and whole,"

but with him suffering with PTSD he doesn't believe he deserves happiness or their love. So when something big happens Caleb does what he thinks is best and safest for those he loves he walks away. 

It takes some sound advice to bring him back

"You've earned the right to be happy, more than most of us. You have earned her Sargent."

But will she still be waiting when he comes back??
 "So, I tell you I love you, my girls fall in love with you, and all you can do is run away?" She asks, her soft voice full of anger.

You so need to read this book to find out, oh and the epilogue wow!! 

In this book as with all the others we catch up on whats going on with the other members of the Montgomery  family. We get some big surprises and a new character who we will hopeful get to know more about them and that they get there own story. I love how we get to catch up with what goes on with all the other members of the family. 

There is some truly laugh out loud moments in this book especially when it's the poker game with all the Montgomery men 

"I know what kind of weapon you want to show her," Isaac smirks and examines his cards.
"Fuck you man."
"He's just pissed because he's been married for so fucking long, he can't remember what a blow job feels like," Matt says earning a glare from Isaac.
"I don't know that being married has anything to do with it" pop says and stuffs some Doritos Into his mouth. "Your mom and I have been married for almost forty years, and jut the other night...."
"No! No! No!"
"Stop talking!"
"Oh my God!"
We all yell at the same time, begging our father to stop talking and he throws his head back and laughs his ass off.
"We may be old, boys, but we're not dead"
"I will murder you if you ever, ever imply that my mother has sexy ever again," Isaac mutters as he cringes.
"Don't ever say 'mom' and 'sex' in the same sentence," Will says, his voice hard and strained.

Seriously i loved every inch of this book from start to finish I can't recommend it enough.


Reading order:

Come away with me 
Under the mistletoe with me
Fight with me
Play with me
Rock with me
Safe with me


 


 
 
 
 
 
 


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment