Thursday 3 October 2013

Tattered Love by Lola Stark

Tattered Love

By Lola Stark
 
 
 



 

Synopsis:


When ex-Special Ops bad-ass Mace walks into Needle's Kiss tattoo parlour, he never expected to find the girl who would turn his life upside down.

Hard as nails Scarlett has been unlucky in love: she’s been burnt, chewed up and spat out. Reluctant to have another relationship, can she keep her wits about her when hot-as-sin Mace walks into her tattoo parlor? Or will he break her down and leave his mark within her ink?

What starts out as a little fun, turns into something so much more.

Can Scarlett look beyond Mace's devastating past or will his demons come back to haunt them both?

Content warning: contains steamy, anywhere-goes sex, an alcohol induced embarrassing night out and two headstrong lovers taken on a whirlwind of crazy.

 

 

Review:



This is Lola's debut novel and you would never have guessed it!

If you love your alpha males to be ex-special ops, tattooed, pierced, have a sense of humour? Then you need to meet Mace who is definitely all of the above and then some!!

Then there is Scarlett or Scar as she is know throughout the book, she is the tattoo parlour owner, Shelby Cobra GT500 muscle car driver, bad ass, say it as you see it, takes no shit kinda girl!
"I had never been one of those, girly-girls, always preferring to hang out with the guys. I had only one female friend. I'd rather spend time working on my car, watching a game or drowning in a cold beer. I swore like a sailor and didn't give a shred of shit if people didn't like it. It's who I am. I wasn't without my girl-like vices, but they were minimal."
Oh and I forgot to mention she has an unhealthy obsession with expensive underware and shoes

"A little saying I liked to live by: Keep your head, heels and standards high"

In this book you also meet Scars Best friend Teeny. Remy who is Scars co-worker and Trip who is Mace's younger brother and Scars other co-worker.

Scarlett has it all....well almost the one thing she is missing is "Finding the one"

"It was simple really. I just wanted a man who looked at me like I was his world. But now, I was happy to find a guy who didn't think that the sun shined out outta his ass, wasn't cheating, an asshole or a weird freak who walked around in my underware and heels while I was out because it made him feel sexy. Yes it had happened, and it really wasn't that funny at the time. That prick stole my favourite Jimmy Choo's"

Mace has just quit the military and on his way home he calls into see his brother Trip and get some new ink. When these two first meet at Needles Kiss which is the name of Scarletts tattoo parlour it is instant attraction there is no messing about with these two they want each other and that's exactly what happens.

 God did this book make me laugh especially when Scarlett and Teeny go out for a few drinks end up very drunk and end up drunk dialing Mace.

'Walking out to my truck , I could hear who I could only assume was Teeny, singing very badly in the background, "I'm gona go to studs-r-us, and buys myself a Mace. Noooo, not a Mace a Trip. Oh, where do all the hot guys live? At studs-r-us, yeah!, studs-r-us..." Scarlett's voice cut into her song telling me "I wanna lick your face Mace-Ha! I made a funny, face-Mace face-Mace. I rhymb-rhyms- I rhymed." 

 “You make my vagina all melty,--wait no!--You make my belly all melty. My vaginas hot!”  


Without giving too much away Lolas writing is fantastic the way she deals with both there histories and the things they have been through amazingally, seriously you need to have your tissues as the ready for this book you go from sheading tears from laughing to tears of sadness and emotion for what they have been through.

These two go on a journey to discover true love but have to overcome the hurdles that are put in there way to get there happily ever after.

"I was without a doubt, completely fucking sure, I was in love with Scarlett"
" You were just supposed to be a one night stand but you poked my eye, and kissed me sweet and listened to my car, Now, I kinda wanna keep you"

I really liked this story it was a relatively quick hot read, I cant wait to read the next book in the series Trip and Teenys story 'Conflicted Love' after what you find out in this book it will be a great book to find just what really is going on with them two.  

Links to this book:


UK amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tattered-Love-Needles-Kiss-ebook/dp/B00F2VCP6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380815956&sr=8-1&keywords=lola+stark

US amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Tattered-Love-Needles-Kiss-ebook/dp/B00F2VCP6Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380816037&sr=8-2&keywords=lola+stark
 
Goodreads link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18102898-tattered-love?from_search=true












 

No comments:

Post a Comment