Tuesday 22 October 2013

Torn (connections #2) by Kim Karr



Synopsis: 

Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship…

Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her "Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.
                                                                 
River wants to show Dahlia that life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended?  Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?

My review:

Needless to say along with lots of other Kim Karr fans I couldn't wait for Torn to be released, especially after the cliffhanger we were left with at the end of Connections! 

Torn picks up right where Connections left off, River and Dahlia are just about to leave to head to Las Vegas to get married when she gets a call that changes everything........Ben is still alive!

My question was after everything that Dahlia has been through in her past would she cope with this news???

Ben made the descision and decided to fake his own death after getting involved with the wrong people, Ben thought he was protecting Dahlia. He seriously believed after all the trouble was over that he would go back to Dahlia and pick up right where he left off. How very wrong he was! Little did he know that Dahlia has moved on and found the Amazing man of her dreams River.

"One minute I'm running off to Las Vegas to marry the man of my dreams...the next minute the man I spent most of my life with, the man I thought was dead is back."

River what can I say he is gorgeous he will so anything to protect Dahlia. River is terrified that he will loose Dahlia to Ben especially after she leaves in the middle of the night as she feels that she needs answers to why Ben did what he did.

" you didn't just disappear, Ben-you fucking died in front of my eyes. I saw him-the asshole that shot you. I saw the coroner take your body away. I wet to your goddamn funeral knowing we had to have a closed casket. And you weren't even in there! While I cried for you, mourned for you, loved you, missed you. At times I just wanted to die without you."

"You didn't do shit for me, Ben. It was for you. You've always done everything for yourself and don't try to fool yourself into thinking anything different because I don't."

Even though Dahlia has been through so much in her past she is so very strong, she knows shat she wants and even though Ben is still alive her love for River is so strong she just needs to reassure him of this.

"River, if I could have one wish, just one, then my wish would be you...to wake up with the feel of your breath near my neck, the warmth of your lips on mine, and the sound of your heart beating in syn. With my heart. You're the one who turned my world around...made it right. You brought me back to life. I can't imagine my life without you."

This is one fantastic story that takes you on a real journey of emotions and has a fantastic ending. I'm really looking forward to reading Xander's story which is the next book in the Connections series.




No comments:

Post a Comment